OneNorwich invests £450,000 to improve health services
We have put together six projects, using funds from our partners at NHS Norwich Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). They are:
- More appointments over winter
- Purchase modern diagnostic equipment for practices
- A pilot GP home visiting service, tested at three practices for three months. If successful it could be considered for all our practices.
- A quality assurance manager working with practices
- Backfill to enable doctors and nurses to benefit from protected learning time
- An intranet for OneNorwich
Altogether these projects are an investment of about £450,000 a year, made possible by re-distributing "PMS monies". This is funding that used to be paid to a small number of practices to provide additional services. Under a national directive, much of this PMS money is now being used for the benefit of more or all patients in Norwich.